Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Inspiration Behind the White Issue


Here in Saskatchewan, we do this thing every day.  We look up to the sky because it tells us the story of what's ahead.  The colour of the sky is always changing here.  Some days its clear blue, other days it can be pink, grey, white ...

 We make decisions  based on what we read as we look up. The sky is also what connects us.  We are joined by the love of an expansive horizon.  We tend to be a little claustrophobic.  We like to see forever.

If you are reading this and have never experienced a Saskatchewan winter, let me paint a picture.  It can be as cold as -65 Fahrenheit with the windchill.  We experience Arctic Fronts, which is mass of cold descending upon us from the Arctic. We fend off this piercing coldness with fashionable layers of fur, puffy coats, thigh high boots, gloves that reach the full length of the arm and fashionable yet functional accessories.

The White Issue celebrates the beauty of this season of winter, and all the things we love to do, like enjoy good company by a roaring fire, enjoy time with friends, sparkle in sequins and give back to those we love for nothing more than a smile.

The White Issue brings us home to who we are and the Saskatchewan spirit that connects us to each other wherever we are. In my travels I am blessed to work with people who live inspired lives.  Each person with whom I have had the pleasure of working in 2013 reminds me of why I love publishing SKY, and each time I am brought home to a place of shared purpose.

This year in am pleased and honoured that George and Angie Reed would grace the cover and share their love story about the land and it's people.





I would like to thank my clients for joining me in this journey home,

Sincerely,

Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading "Sky Writing". Your comments are most welcome.
- Lynn Armstrong, Publisher