Friday, May 24, 2013

The People I Meet: Rory Allen, Elvis Impersonator, Singer, Humanitarian, Entrepreneur, Artist

Photo Source:  Rory Allen Facebook Page 
Wow. That's all I can say. I am star struck. Today I had the pleasure of talking with Rory and Lorie Allen at the gym.

You know Rory Allen as Saskatchewan's own Elvis Impersonator.  I walked over and introduced myself and he introduced himself, as if he had to.

I have seen Rory Allen perform many times and he does have a knack for bringing audiences back to the time and place when Elvis was the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

As I chatted with Rory and Lorie, I couldn't help but be interested in their story as Saskatchewan music entrepreneurs.  Theirs is a great story of how music can transcend a person to a different place, spark memories of another time and place or heal a trembling soul.

We often think of entrepreneurs as those people who innovate and create to deliver products and services that feed our physical lives and our businesses.

Musicians, artists, designers and others in the creative industry feed our soul and our culture.  They remind us that we are all connected through a song and a feeling. They are also business people who contribute to our economy, creating employment and opportunity.

Where would we be without their entrepreneurial spirit set to music, told through colour, and or expressed through fashion? I think our land under the sun would be a little less brighter.

Follow Rory Allen Music on Twitter and  Facebook to find out where they are playing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading "Sky Writing". Your comments are most welcome.
- Lynn Armstrong, Publisher